"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

About Me....

Hi, my name is Natasha, but you can call me Natty.

I was born in Brazil to Angolan parents of Portuguese descent whose families trace to regions of Italy and Spain. I grew up in Portugal in a quite "gastronomically diverse" household.

Accounting is like a genetic disease that runs in my family, somehow the legacy had to continue and destiny (ironic as it may seem) has chosen me.  And so in exchange for a check I spend the majority of my day seating in an office crunching numbers. I don't love it, it does not excite me and so I can do it day in and out without getting emotionally attached. And this is good.
I love partying, dancing, hiking, reading, talking, traveling, sharing, starting new projects, cooking and feeding people amongst many other activities.

other things about me:
My name spells with an S not a C
Home (now): Los Angeles, CA
Will one day own a small hotel and restaurant in a Solar Paradise in the southern hemisphere.
Believe one day I'll finally meet my invisible maid
Facebook stresses me out :)
Airplane food sucks
People who don't know the issues should not be permitted to vote
Paying premium pricing for things made in China is retarded
went MAC and never went back
Fashion: Story Tailors and Zambesi
Addicted to SHOES
Savory over Sweet

1 comment:

  1. Olá Natty!
    Vim conhecer o teu blogue e desejo-te felicidades neste projecto que agora começa a dar os primeiros passos.
    Beijinhos e bons cozinhados!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails