"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Clean House Project

So I have just recently gone to the doctor for a check up. I can’t remember the last time I saw a doctor (or why) as I tend to self-diagnose and self-medicate (not recommending you do the same, unless you like me believe that tequilla, honey and lemon can cure anything).  

I truly believe God watches over me daily ensuring that despite my love for all things butter (real 100% preferably French butter) and salt, and the deepest conviction that shopping marathons and “the lifting of the wine glass” count as exercise, I remain a pretty healthy person, thank you Jesus.

However lately I’ve been feeling down, tired, unmotivated, cold, melancholic, low energy, my skin is breaking, my body is swollen and even in a 116 degree weather I cannot sweat. So as a mostly healthy person, I kind of freaked out and went to check for any signs of anemia or some weird condition.

To my surprise, everything is just fine.  There is only one thing…. My good cholesterol is a little too high (about 14 points).  But why? I don’t understand! Isn’t my annual intake of red wine sufficient to cancel any attempts of cholesterol built-ups resultant from the consumption of butter?

PANIC alarm went on. 

Well apparently, the cholesterol along with all other symptoms, are basically a signs that at this point in my life I have not given myself the love I deserve. Main cause NOT BUTTER, but STRESS and ANXIETY.  And that my friends is a NO NO!

So, as Arnold “the governator” says, “it’s time to clean house!”.


2 comments:

  1. Tens de seguir o Arnold ele e' que sabe :0) hihihih
    e nada de stress e anciedade ...
    bjinhos
    Ah e' o Hobby Lobby que ja esta com tudo a 40% off nada mau :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe o Arnold tem a sua sabedoria :)
    n sei se essa loja existe nesta area, acho q nunca vi.... vou investigar :) obrigada, e obrigada pela visita, volta sempre =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails