"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Master Cleanse ( Days 3 & 4 of 10)

Hello Everyone,

Today is my 5th day on the Master Cleanse and I'll be blogging about days 3 and 4.
First I'd like to thank all of you who have dropped me messages on FB, email or SMS.  Thank you so much for your concern and all the encouragement.

After having gone thru a somehow stressful second day, I'm glad to report that I have not had a headache since nor have experienced any nausea. I'm also proud to announce that "I've been able to sweat" just because it was hot and not due to sauna induced mechanisms. YEY, this is definitely a breakthrough!  And my skin keeps on getting softer and softer, I'll post a picture tonight when i blog about day 5.

So, Day 3 on the Master Cleanse and i decided to make a real effort to drink 1Quart (1liter) of lukewarm water with salt. And oh boy let me tell you... it was like drinking tap water while visiting a 3rd world country (and just for the record i speak from experience). By lunch time i was done with the restroom and also exhausted, so i ended up just relaxing watching as many episodes of "Chopped" as i could and taking a 3 hour nap. All of a sudden BAM! i had all this energy again,  went for a 3 mile walk, got some more lemons from Trader Joe's, and started putting away all that laundry that have been waiting begging for my attention.

Day 4 was my first day back at work. I was a little worried about drinking the Salt water, but then J. told me I should be fine if i just wake up a little earlier than usual.  At work all things were just the same.... nothing exciting, but i guess that is part of the job description.  One thing I noticed though is that i feel much calmer and somehow happier.  Perhaps this is the sensation that comes from making a commitment and sticking to it, a secret feeling of accomplishment, of taking control of one's life, of being the captain of one's own ship. Because self-mastery and delayed gratification are after all the keys to success.

Day 5 coming soon and also some food talk because serious i'm already thinking about the yummy vegetatian meals i'll be eating next week :)

5 comments:

  1. This is great! What a brave woman.
    I'm so proud of you .
    keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. olá!
    só notícias boas!!! parabéns, está a correr muito bem :D

    bjs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEY thank you guys :)
    today is day 6 only 4 more to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Está quase quase quase Natasha! Boa!
    Célia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sim ta quase la depois ja podemos sair p cafezinho :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails