"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

THe Master Cleanse Journey (Day 10)

YEY, I did it! today is day 10 of the Master Cleanse and I'm super excited about getting back to normal eating and cooking some delicious meals.

As a reward for completing the task I went to town yesterday and splurged on a SPA day. Got  a massage in the morning, a new coif, mani, pedi and eyebrows in the PM.  At night I went dancing with friends. OH yeah! So energy was not an issue at all.

I fell great.  This was just what I needed to reset the system after years of neglect.

The hardest part and this, and I don't recommend you do it, was watching my favorite TV shows on food Network (the reason why I have cable TV).  After the 6th day, it kind of hurts watching Chef Michael Simon's settle some Meatball feud whilst I sipped on another glass on lemonade.  No one deserves it :)

But its DONE! YEY.

So here is a picture taken today, the last day on the cleanse.


The lighting is kind of horrible it was taken with the MacBook Pro webcam, so I just look extra pale.

Everyone has been asking how much weight did I lose, so here is the answer: I did lose the water weight I was retaining about 4 pounds (2kg) in 10 days.  But remember, losing weight was not my intention.  At 117lbs (53kg) I really don't need to lose weight.  If your intent is to reduce weight you should go light on that maple syrup. Also because it would be hard for me to drink more than 10 glasses a day, i'd just add more maple syrup to my lemonade.

J. asked me what if you don't like maple syrup? Well, I don't like maple syrup. So the answer to that is YOU CAN DO IT!  Just add more cayenne to offset the sweetness of the syrup. And drink LOADS of water.

Can you exercise while you are on it? You can, I didn't. All I did was take walks from my home to the grocery store a couple times, about 3 mile round trip. Other than that I'm saving for when I can eat again and have some calories to burn :).

Other Tips: 

1. Whenever you feel light headed drink more lemonade that is because you are not drinking enough and your body is starving for energy.

2. You can and should socialize. Go out and instead of coffee order a herbal mint tea.  Go watch a movie, go dancing (just drink water instead of a vodka redbull).  Have fun with it.

3. Make sure days 2 and 3 you spend at home as those are the hardest to get thru and you may need to rest A LOT.

4. Find a buddy that will do it with you.  I cannot tell you how important this is.  It was awesome to be able to call my mom and exchange frustrations and accomplishments.  And by far I think blogging about this decision was the most important in making me stick to the plan....... there is something about making resolutions public.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a message here or on facebook.

Thanks for sticking around for this journey, for the encouragement and all the support.

Now stay tuned for the next chapter as I cook up a storm in my kitchen :)

Have a beautiful evening!

3 comments:

  1. Parabens conseguiste, como se diz no Norte "carago ha grande mulher" lol
    tenho de ler os post anteriores estive fora, fui a Hot Springs Arkansa ...ja estiveste la? e' bem girinho
    bjinhos vou ler os post anteriores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Señorita ~ hope to hear more about over tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOA!!! Admiro a tua resistência por teres resistido até ao fim!
    Tenho acompanhado o teu blog desde que começou o master cleanse e publicaste no facebook. Deixo-te umas sugestões de blogs que também acompanho ligados à culinária.

    Estes dois têm receitas, o primeiro de todo o tipo o segundo são sobremesas de uma pasterie chef portuguesa que acho que tirou o curso no Cordon Bleau.
    http://www.chucrutecomsalsicha.com/
    http://www.flagrantedelicia.com/

    Estes são sobre restaurantes, o primeiro é um restaurante óptimo de que estou fã e que tens de experimentar quando vieres a Portugal, o outro é critica e sugestões de restaurantes e pode ser muito útil quando se está com vontade de descobri sitios novos.
    http://2780taberna.blogspot.com/
    http://12h30.blogspot.com/

    Sucesso e bons cozinhados!
    Bjs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails