"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Master Cleanse Journey (Days 2 of 10)

Hello everyone,

Proud to announce I have survived the 2nd day.  As you remember from my previous post I wasn't feeling so well at night. Well the malaise kind of stayed with me throughout the night and into the second day.

I had a horrible night and the worse headache ever.  This headache was interesting in that it would disappear for a couple min and then come back full force. Literally I felt like i was going crazy.  I may have been feverish too or at least thats how i felt like as my body went from chills into bursts of heat.  Then at about  or 5:30ish AM I got up to get some water.  Had 2 glasses went back into bed and maybe 30min later I basically barfed out the water i had just had and some residues of cayenne pepper.  This was when i finally was able to fall asleep for a couple hours.  The headache however persisted and lasted until about noon. I thought about giving up at least 200 times.  I guess what really helped me stick to it was the fact that i'm blogging about it (there is some sort of responsibility that comes attached :)) the support of friends specially those who have been thru it and know feeling horrible is part of the process.

Because of the tummy trouble I decided not to do the internal salt bath.  Looking back i think i should have but anyway it was then too late to go back.

So at about 2pm I started with my daily functions.  And what a day! I felt fantastic.  Had tons of energy and was very very calm.  My skin also began to clear up and its a lot softer than what it was before I started.  I even ended up going out for Tea with my friend K.

The only thing i could not accomplish was to drink the 12 glasses of lemonade.  Day 2 i had about 8 glasses and calorie wise i think that is too low.  Will try the target again today.

Stay tuned for day 3

2 comments:

  1. wow estive a ler os 3 post anteriores, bem que coragem rapariga e' preciso muita forca de vontade mesmo, e eu compreendo a necessidade de fazeres isso neste pais e' complicadissimo a pessoa se alimentar bem, nos tentamos o fazer, fazemos o mais possivel refeicaoes em casa, comemos muito salmao e galinha e carne de vaca e' tipo uma vez por mes... e mesmo assim sinto que de vez enquanto precisava de de algo mais...
    boa sorte
    PS: depois envio te a receita da francesinha, nao e' a original mas e' tipo francesinha a minha moda lol e' mais saudavel
    e acredito que o teu irmao faca uma pipa de guito com os VS no Brasil eles sao doidos por tudo o que vem dos USA lol
    bjinhos e estou contigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks girl... i am on a mission!

    Eu tb de ha mais ou menos um anos p ca comecei a comer em casa 85% das minhas refeicoes, e amo, pq amo a minha comida! e eh muito mais saudavel q qqr restaurante alguma vez sera. Mas isto sao anos de comer mal, acredita a 5 dias ando a liquidos e ainda me saem solidos LOL

    Tou ansiosa pelas francesinhas :) domingo e o meu ultimo dia.
    beijao

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails