"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Outpours of a Soul

Its been a tough year 2010.   I hate complaining and quite honestly just thinking about complaining makes me miserable and tired.  But perhaps this is exactly why i've been feeling like this.  

Its time to take charge! Our words are reflections of our thoughts and our thoughts reflection of our soul.  Is is possible that there is no goodness in me? because lately i feel like all i've been transmitting are precisely negative vides. 

Fine Los Angeles has lost its "MOJO" and everyone lately seems to be under some sort of a black cloud.  But I will not allow the Sun to stop shining in my life, even  if for the time being the sun is still cloudy, i'll be lighting a candle to keep that light in place.

Life has taken crazy turns this year, i've dealt with loss in many different levels, but in the midst of it all i learned that i have not lost myself, and that's all  i need to move on.

Funny enough, the joy of cooking is what has held me together all this long.  My kitchen has  been my companion, the close friend, my shelter.  And dispite all things gone astray in 2010, one thing i gained, i was reconnected with a part of me i had lost touch with a long time ago, and that no one will ever take back.

It is  time to get back to business and move on with life.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that its been an unpromising year for you, but its good to read that you have high spirits. Warm wishes and good vibes coming your way from me to you.

    PS I too find solace in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails