"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seared Tuna and Lunches in a Box Don't Match

You know those days in which your brain does not start functioning after you drink a gallon of coffee? I'm having one of those.

See this picture on the left? Right, Albacore Tuna seared to perfection yummmy!  Well last night I determined that this should be my lunch TODAY.
After having purchased 2 Albacore Sushi Grade steaks from Wholefoods (expect to pay over 22usd for the delicacy). i seasoned my tuna with some salt, black pepper, dill and lemon juice, threw it into a zip bag and off it went back into the fridge overnight for come added flavor.

This morning I was ready to roll.  Skillet in the stove, heat up in medium high for 2min, drizzle with olive oil heat up for another 10sec, place tuna in pan and sear for 2 min on each side.  Trow in some nuts on top and tomato salad and it all goes in the lunch box.

1PM. time to eat. I zoom in to the kitchen remove the lunch from the fridge and placed in the microwave. Programed 1min, cleared, programed 1:30min ( the box was freezing)..... Ok did i mention i just inserted my perfectly seared 22dollar tuna steak in the MICROWAVE? WTF! I was able to remove it at 58sec.... but the damage was done.   Why? did I not think of it last night? Crap.  I need to start reviewing my lunch choices.  To be honest, it would be a bad idea to avoid using the microwave all together.  NO one needs the extra radiation.

Oh well! hope you are having a better day :)

2 comments:

  1. Porra que azar... mas sabes o peixinho e' mesmo comprado e comido na hora...e neste pais que o peixe e' a preco de ouro...
    Bjinhos
    Um dia tens de vir conhecer a America profunda hihih

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooo right need change my meal plans..... too expensive to ruin :)
    beijos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails