So we've got between 20-25 people coming over to my parents. Mom has ordered the turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and king cake (she is out of town till wednesday).
The wine has been picked, got 11 bottles (the math about 22 adults @ 1/2 bottle each +/- ladies and non-drinkers)
2 bottles 2006 Reserve Chateau Saint Jean Chardonnay
1 bottle 2008 Hogue Rieseling
3 bottles 2006 Stags Leap Merlot
1 Bottle 2006 Grgigh Hills Merlot
1 Bottle 2006 Gundlach Bundschu Merlot
1 Bottle 2003 Chateau Fonroque St Emilion
1 Bottle 2006 Colonial Estate Etranger Cabernet Sauvignon
1 Bottle 2007(?) Cult Cabernet
I'm quite proud of the selection. Hopefully all the education and research has paid off.
Kept budget under $300 thanks to a 60 dollar coupon.... how about that for savings?
As far as the foods is concerned this is the tentative menu (I keep on making changes to it.... can't seem to decide.
So here it goes:
1. Eggplant and Spinach Terrine
2. Mashed potatoes with goat cheese and caramelized onions
3. Spinach Gratin
4. Brussels Sprouts with pomegranate and pecans, tossed in vanilla butter and pomegranate molasses (a revelation at 11:30PM on a sunday, thanks Bobby)
5. Salmon Mousse
6. Roasted potato and radish salad with black mustard
7. Spinach and roasted pumpkin salad
8. Rice (just thought of it.... another revelation at 11:30 pm)
Heirloom tomato and mascarpone tart which most likely will be replaced by red onion jam and goat cheese tartlets..... or maybe I'll skip this one all together.
My sister is getting the desserts together.... TBA
Still thing its ridiculous the amount of food... but oh well.... will be bringing my doggy bag for sure ehehhehe.
What are you planning for thanksgiving this year?