"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Master Cleanse - 1 month follow up

 Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm all re-energized for the holidays. There's so much going on in our little corner of the world.  Goods vibes are finally returning to this side of town!

As the end of the year approaches, we start making lists (some of us mentally) of what our New Year's resolutions will be. Usually weight loss, getting healthier and quitting smoking, drinking etc are all the way on top of the priority list.

For those of you planning on going on the Master cleanse to jump start the new year, DO IT! I've been getting emails with questions about the cleanse, and whether or not I recommend it,  how have I been felling, did I gain any weight etc. So I've decided to do a follow up of what life has been like 1 month after the cleanse.



I have not gained any weight, and if you read here, you'll know I didn't do it to lose weight either. So far I've been feeling great. My body has been rejecting some foods and I've discovered what foods to avoid. Cheese for instance, I'm completely obsessed with cheese.  However after the cleanse I noticed cheese is the reason my skin breaks out, thus it should not be eaten  in industrial quantities.  I've replaced all hard liquor for wine. Have not had any Cosmopolitans or Gin Tonics since the  cleanse ( I know! pretty amazing, right? =D).  Coffee does not taste the same to me either, so Starbucks now is an after thought rather than a craving.  Another thing I've noticed was an increase in energy.  For someone who was constantly tired, I have way too much energy to the point of not knowing what to do with myself.  I also crave more fresh foods, and tho I was never a "sweet tooth" person, now I care even less for desserts and sweets.

You can read more about the 10 day Master Cleanse Journey here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the cleanse,  and if you decide to go thru it, feel free to drop me an email or message if you need to vent out or need some encouragement......Your secret will be safe... Trust me, i know how these 10 days can be a bitch! But hey if I could do it, You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails