1 Medium Onion (chopped)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2-3 Tsp Olive oil (or butter)
1 1/2 lbs (650gr) Parsnips
4 cups of vegetable stock (low sodium)
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cream
2 Tsp of wholegrain mustard
Salt & Pepper
Parsley to garnish
1. In a sauce pan, saute onion and garlic into olive oil , until golden.
2. Add parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped, vegetable stock and allow it to cook in medium heat for about 25 min until parsnips are fully cooked.
3. When cooked, process the soup in batched in a food processor. Allow it to cool off until about 10 min before serving
4. Return soup to the pan, and slowly reheat it to about 175F (80C). Fold in Milk and Cream, ensuring liquid does not reach the boiling point.
5. Add wholegrain mustard and stir it lightly until completely incorporated.
6. Taste for seasonings and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
7. Place soup in individual bolws and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
1. In the TM cup add quarted onions, garlic and olive oil and program 5sec/speed5. Be sure to lower all contents from the cup walls before proceeding to the next step.
2. Program 4min/100/1, and allow onion and garlic to golden, but not cook entirely.
3. Add parsnips and stock and program 20min/100/2
4. Puree soup by programing 20sec/5-7-9. (test for velvety consistency)
5. Allow soup to cool. About 10 min before serving, reheat soup to 80C.
6.Then program 4min/80/spoon, add milk and cream using the cup opening and finally add wholegrain mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place soup in individual blows and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.