"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sunday Brunch


I love Sundays
Sundays are my happy day.
After a week of running around it feels good to have time for oneself. I mean Girl/lone time. Time to get my nails and hair done, Time to slow down. Time to stroll as opposed to rushing everywhere, time to breathe deeply, to close my eyes and dream.  Time to smell the flowers and watch the rain.

And best of all, Sundays are the perfect day to prepare a brunch feast worthy of a queen and spoil myself rotten.

My sister and hubby were supposed to come over for brunch, but got tied up in their move, so i decided to give myself the gift of a lifetime.....  Do you want to know why? Because i deserve it. Because even when we eat alone, we should always eat in style.

You should try t his next time you wanna feel like a million dollars, satisfaction guaranteed :)

Recipe will follow :)

3 comments:

  1. Ola Natty concordo contigo, e tambem adoro as manhas do domingo, pequeno-almoco reforcado depois uma caminhada para relaxar :-) tudo nas calmas...
    Sim vou para Portugal na quinta-feira mas vou tentando mander o blog actualizado... vamos la ver hihihih
    mandei-te um e-mail sobre o projecto em conjunto
    bjinhos vai dando sempre noticias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natty!
    is very good to see that you are following my blog:) I am very grateful!
    Loved your little corner and especially the whim that you have to prepare meals, I'll start doing that, good food for eyes is also good for the body is not it?!
    I'll wait to see if revenue lights can vary the menu a little of my diet is quite complicated to achieve, but I will!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kisses my friend!

    Ah! Sorry if you have any word or term in my message wrong, but I used a good old online translator to be able to write you and also read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies :)

    L. eu vi o teu email vou te responder :) beijo e boa viagem

    Camilla: Obrigada pela visita, es sempre bem vinda :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails