"A good meal is like a present, and it can feel goofy, at best, to give yourself a present. On the other hand, there is something life affirming in taking the trouble to feed yourself well, or even decently. Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. The chances of you liking what you made are high, but if it winds up being disgusting, you can always throw it away and order a pizza; no one will ever know." (Jenni Ferrari-Adler)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy new year !!!!

2011 is finally here... 2010 is done buried and forgotten.
today will be the beginning of a new life.... even the air seems lighter.

The year is just beginning and i already have news.... i was chosen to join a group of recipe testers for an internationally acclaimed chef, and to me this is not only an honor but a dream come true :D.  To all of you out there who have a dream.... don't give up!!!!!! Miracles to happen! I'm excited and at the same time nervous this is the first time i'll be doing something of this kind. It will be a challenge to follow strict directions (something I'm horrible at, I love leaving room for the imagination).  Though I won't be able to disclose any of the recipes or talk openly about the experience i'll be sharing photos of the completed dishes.  This will be my first culinary real job and I'm very excited about it.

Last month there was no time for much writing, december is a very busy month and between dodging holiday, anniversary and birthday parties there was not much time for cooking.

My family went on a wonderful one week vacation to central california (just got home a couple hours ago). This has not happened since 2004 and this was the first new years we spend together since 1999. We had tons of things to celebrate, and even tho we are short one family member, she was very much missed by all of us.

Oh and i shall not forget to share with you my 2010 gastronomic breakthroughs. For the first time in my life i had the courage to try clams, lobster, crab, scallops and lamb and loved every single one of them.  I baked my first sweet cheesecake, my first savory cheesecake (will be sharing this recipe and picture), my first Flan, and prepared a Chocolate stout- coffee beef rub.

And finally I'm starting the new year knowing that as long as i set my heart and mind to something there is nothing i cannot conquer, it took me going thru 10 days of the master cleanse to realize that :D.... Speaking of the master cleanse..... my body is asking for another one ...  serious this holiday season was crazy.

Will begin 2011 on a positive and healthy note challenging myself to eating more fresh produce and fish, less carbs and less junk food (this one is for sure, tho fries or 16 dollar burgers do not qualify as junk in my bible ehhehehehe)

Alright everyone, lets step into the new year with a smile. I wish you all a wonderful and blessed new year filled with good food and family and friends to share it with.

Let 2011 begin!

4 comments:

  1. Parabéns!!!!!!!! Uauuuuu, vai experimentar receitas? Mas que honra! Bem mereces!!! Um bom ano Natty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know from you! Fantastic news to begin this year. will you keep your account work?I will wait for more details and I can tell that you are really excited with this new project (and you should be!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUe boas noticias, e que boa maneira de comecar o ano Parabens, vai contando essas tuas experiencias :-) deve ser o maximo
    bjinhos um excelente 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies :D

    I'm not quitting my job or changing careers this is a freelance project i'll be working on,I will probably let go of my freelance accounting work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails